AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2013 #1 Ranked GreenLeader Boston Hotel on TripAdvisor.com
- 2012 WTTC Community Benefit Award
- 2009 Toursim Cares Sustainability Adrian Award
- 2008 Environmental League of Massachusetts Green Star Award for Corporate Leadership
- 2006 Condé Nast Traveler Green List – the first urban hotel in the world to earn this honor
- 2006 SKAL International Ecotoursim Award
- 2005 Energy Star Partner of the Year
- The President’s Environmental & Conservation Challenge Gold Medal
- 3-Time Winner: American Hotel & Lodging Association Environmental Hotel of the Year
- British Airways Tourism for Tomorrow Award
- 2004 National Wildlife Federation National Conservation Achievement Award in Corporate Leadership
- The Travel Industry Association of America’s Excellence in Environmental Tourism Award
- 2002 World Travel Market Global Award
- US News and World Report: “1 of the 5 Greenest Luxury Hotels in America”
- Travel + Leisure: “The Ultimate Green Hotel”
Going green requires original thinking and The Lenox was blazing eco-trails back in the eighties, long before it became trendy. As a hotel, as a neighbor and as a corporate citizen, The Lenox is recognized as a global sustainability leader and pioneer of ecotourism – an honor we tirelessly strive to maintain and improve upon by researching new ways to reduce our impact on the environment. That makes The Lenox one of the few historic hotels in the world that can uniquely claim to be both preservationist of its own rich history and of the planet.
Whether launching the nation’s first linen re-use program, transforming an entire floor of guestrooms to hypo-allergenic for allergy sufferers, or installing our community’s first commercial electric vehicle charging station, The Lenox Green Team continues to implement non-intrusive, awareness-building initiatives to strengthen our sustainability while providing the high level experience our guests have come to expect.
Designated by Condé Nast as one of the Greenest Luxury Hotels in America and consistently awarded an Eco Rating of 4 Green Keys, The Lenox takes a comprehensive yet holistic approach to sustainability to create the best possible work and stay environment. But for all our awards and accolades, we salute the people who share our unwilting green mission: our employees, guests, clients and vendors who participate every day in making the planet a better place for all.
Visit the link below to see an overview of the ever-growing list of The Lenox’s eco-savvy practices. Learn more about these and other green initiatives by contacting our resident green guru at 617.421.4915.